Pages

Saturday 18 April 2015

A chicken pincushion in cross stitch

My sewing group seem to have a 'thing' about chickens. For the past three months, most of the group have been making a project sized zipped bag in the shape of a chicken. We've previously made chicken pincushions and keyrings. Having missed the first week of the project, I decided to give making the zipped bag a miss.

However, I recently came across this free design (scroll down the page) from Creative Workshops from Hetti for a humbug chicken and stitched it for our next meeting on Thursday. My beads are smaller than I would have liked but I decided to go for a right colour and wrong size combination rather than the right size but with the wrong colour for the design. I think this cross stitched chicken pincushion will be popular.

Chicken Humbug - Creative Workshops from Hetti
stitched on a 28ct light Taupe-like evenweave with unknown fils à SoSo thread

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Mary, I love your little hen. She's so cute. That your group has a thing for chickens makes me giggle. I bet it is thoroughly accidental. Funny how those things end up happening. I have ended up with a bunch of sheep because I once said at a cross stitch conference that a sheep was cute. Good thing the little blighters are cute or I'd be miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet your little hen is, Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.